Inspirational Quotes

You make the world a better place by making yourself a better person”
- Scott Sorrell

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Running for another full marathon....

The Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon is back again. This year will be my 4th attempt on the Full Marathon. Different from the previous years is that this year I'm back in army service. So, I should have sufficient training to at least run a timing of 6:00 hrs or so I hope; previous few timings are around 7 - 8 hrs.

My first milestone for the Full Marathon will be the coming Singapore Bay Run (previously known as Sheares Bridge Run / Army Half Marathon ). Sixth attempt this time but I will not strive for better timing since I haven't been running for quite a while - at least for the past 6 months. I think it'd be good if I could complete the AHM within 2:50.

I think this goal should stretch me a bit since it's definitely more challenging than completing the marathon. It'll also definitely get me more in shape - just nice, it's part of my goal for health.

Hmm.... I think I should also have a detailed training plan in order to achieve the timing. Let's do a search and see what I can get - okay, I think I'll use this with some modification since there's also training in camp. Think I'll have this blog serve as my running log too... haha~

No comments: