March update.
It's been more than a month since my last post, wasn't busy but just plain lazy.
Basically some highlight of this period.
Flu
Finally recovered from the flu - all thanks to the weather change; it has gotten a whole lot hotter this season and that somehow aid my recovery.
Military Shows
Watched an interesting documentary called "Surviving West Point" - somehow that made me regret the fact that I missed the chance to go SISPEC / OCS as I failed my IPPT back then in BMT. Well, it's going to be a regret that I will be carrying with me till the day I step in the grave. c'est la vie.
SingTel also offered me a month long of FREE Video-On-Demand. (Think it's a scheme to get me distracted after I ORDed. Anyway, I made used of it to watch "Honor and Passion" / 保家卫国 - an SAF sponsored local Chinese drama. "What for?" you might ask, I guess I missed the good "old" days in the army and want to be reminded of it. Also, Felicia Chin is in it, so is Dawn Yeoh. Oh, and a good dose of touching romance. =)
Job interviews / tasking.
Vanco
Went for a round of interview back at Vanco, there still is a hiring freeze till perhaps next week (7th Apr)? If I were to go back, would most likely do Network Service Management, optimizing the network connectivity of the clients' networks. Well, any case, too early to say anything.
NCS
Having a job interview at NCS upcoming Monday too, there'll be a Cisco Test prior the interview, meaning I might have to do a bit of reading up and IOS practice, sure is rusty after that long while. Oh, and I'm also required to bring my transcript down too, it sure made me regret for not studying a whole lot harder back in the Uni. That is certainly a motivational issue that I need to address and get sorted out.
Singapore-Russia Business Conference
Well, I got a cool S$100 as a IT support engineer at the conference, making sure that the organising crew and speakers are able use the desktops and printer that they rented at the site. Easy money but definitely boring, not much chance of networking too since I'm cooped in a conference room and whomever inside will always be busy doing something.

No comments:
Post a Comment